The sofa (Settee: long upholstered seat) is the focal point of your living room. That is where you unwind and seek comfort as you watch the TV, flip through a magazine or grab a bite of pizza. Needless to say that the sofa is highly vulnerable to dirt and stains. Your kids may bring in dirt from outside and plonk on the sofa, or stain it with colors during their pursuit of art! Wine spills, food crumbs, pet hair, body sweat, etc. are some other things that are the enemy of your fabric sofa. Your sofa might also become home to disease-causing bacteria and viruses. All this necessitates hiring home cleaning services at regular intervals.
Buying a sofa is a big investment. And when you have spent your hard-earned money on fabric upholstery, you should also know how to make it last for years in its best conditions. Proper cleaning your sofa also keeps away allergens and musty smells.
However, when it comes to the best practices for the maintenance of a fabric sofa, many people are puzzled. Let us understand how often should your sofa requires cleaning.
How Often Should You Clean Your Sofa?
Most homeowners spend a lot of time cleaning the floor and the carpet but neglect the sofa. This is in contrast to the fact that the sofa is the most used spot in the house. If you have kids and pets, then it endures all kinds of stress every day!
- Take a look at the care tag of your couch to know how to clean it.
- Ideally, you should vacuum your sofa at least once in a week. This is good for surface cleaning as it removes all the loose dirt, pet dander, or other particles that deposit on the surface.
- Use a soft bristle brush to remove residues but do not scrub too much or you will harm the fabric.
- Use a build-up roller to remove pet fur or lint. Methodically move the roller so that you don’t miss a spot.
However, home cleaning efforts would not suffice alone. Your sofa needs expert care to look prim and pristine.
- Call home a reliable sofa cleaning service once a year to get your fabric sofa deep cleaned. An expert cleaning technician could remove those tough stains, molds, or nasty smells from your fabric sofa and deliver promising results.
- A home with kids or pets (or both!) will require professional sofa cleaning services more often- once in half or quarter year.
Sign That You Need Sofa Cleaning As Soon As Possible
There are certain times when you should not procrastinate, and call a professional fabric sofa cleaning service right away!
- If you spill anything on your sofa, you should blot the spill immediately with a clean cloth to prevent it from spreading and becoming a bigger stain. Then get professional help to remove the stain.
- If your fabric sofa is coated with stubborn pet hair that is sticking to the surface with a mighty resolve.
- If there are deep stains and blotches on your sofa, you should refrain from scrubbing them or using harsh chemicals on them that could damage your fabric. Rather, get professional help.
If you live in Singapore, then Cleanworthy’s experienced sofa cleaning technicians would be happy to solve your sofa woes. A fabric sofa is the place where you unwind after a long day of work. It is where you watch TV with your spouse or ask your kids about their day at school. With a little attention and regular cleaning by an expert, your sofa can look great and new for years to come.